Things to do During the Holidays
The Holiday Season is Here!
Some of you may be excited about family gatherings, big meals, an abundance of sweets, gifts, or getting ready for a new year. Some of you might want to skip all of that. It can be hectic, but it’s hard to avoid it. Here is a list of things to do during the holidays. With a good plan, maybe it won’t feel so overwhelming.
If you prefer not to be stuck in the kitchen all day preparing food, you might want to check out this list of restaurants serving a Thanksgiving meal:
- Mitchell’s Fish Market in Brookfield will prepare a traditional turkey dinner for up to 12 people. All you have to do is pick it up!
- Smyth Restaurant at The Iron Horse Hotel will have a Thanksgiving Brunch which will feature traditional flavors alongside classic brunch favorites.
- If you’re looking for a less traditional Thanksgiving, check out Texas de Brazil in Wauwatosa which will offer their daily Brazilian menu. They will also have holiday favorites, beginning at 11 a.m.
- Francis Brewery and Restaurant will have a buffet with turkey and ham carving stations, and plenty of traditional sides. Call for reservations, 414-744-4448
For everyone who wants to avoid the hustle and bustle of Black Friday, you could head over to Falk Park in Oak Creek for a pop-up nature talk. Naturalists from Wehr’s Nature Center will be on hand to teach you everything you could want to learn about turkeys. Another shopping-free option is to stay at home and watch the Bucks take on the Phoenix Suns at the new Fiserv Forum. Better yet, get yourself a ticket and watch them play in person!
There are many holiday movies and shows that we all love to watch every year, and one of the classics is coming to a stage near you! A Christmas Carol will be performed throughout the month of December at the Milwaukee Repertory Theater. You may also want to check out their other holiday show, Miss Bennet: Christmas at Pemberley.
Another famous holiday tradition is The Nutcracker, which will be running at the Milwaukee Ballet from December 8 – December 26. Click here to purchase tickets online or call 414-902-2103.
To add a little culture to your holiday schedule, the Milwaukee Christkindl Market may be the place for you. This annual event brings authentic German and European holiday traditions to our area. There will be food, festive drinks, handmade jewelry, toys, clothing, and much more. Live entertainment will be featured each night.
New Year’s Eve
There is never a shortage of New Year’s Eve events. Here is a list of things to do to celebrate the New Year:
- The Pfister Hotel has a few options to help you celebrate. You can bet social at a cocktail party in the lounge, Blu. A special New Year’s dinner will be served at Mason Street Grill on Dec 31 and Jan 1. And an elegant brunch will be served from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. on New Year’s Day.
- Potawatomi Hotel & Casino also has multiple options for New Year’s Eve fun. The bingo hall always has a special NYE Bingo Bash with games beginning at 4 p.m. There are special NYE gaming promotions running from Dec 28 – Jan 5. There are great dining specials at The Buffet, Dream Dance Steak, The Fire Pit, and RuYi. The casino will feature two FREE live shows with The First Wave & VJ/DJ Brian S. Reed and Marcell & Christopher’s Project. And last but not least, the casino is hosting Milwaukee Biggest NYE Party with local DJs, party favors, complimentary coat check, and VIP options.
- Catch a show at the Sunset Playhouse. The New Year’s Eve show, Puttin’ on the Ritz, features Becky Spice and a special guest singing holiday favorites. There will be appetizers, desserts, trivia, raffles, and a complimentary champagne toast at midnight.
There are plenty of things to do during this cold season! No matter what you decide to do, we hope you’re holidays are joyous!