Things to do in June
It’s Time to Kick-Off the Summer Season
June is right around the corner and you know what that means? Summer! Father’s Day! Festivals! It’s time to get out, enjoy the warmth, spend time with family and friends, and have fun. Here are a few ideas of how to keep busy this June.
- The Bead & Button Show starts on June 3 and runs through June 10, at the Wisconsin Center in Downtown Milwaukee. If you craft, make jewelry, or have a love of unique hand-crafted jewelry, you won’t want to miss the event. There will be classes to learn about different materials and how to use them, a silent auction, a marketplace, and awards. Entry into the expo is $10. If you want to take classes, the registration fee is $35.
- Spend Father’s Day on the lakefront at The Lakefront Festival of the Arts at the Milwaukee Art Museum features delicious food, vendors, music, and amazing art from across the country. The PNC Children’s Experience will have interactive activities for kids of all ages, and the Silent Auction lets you bid on your favorites art and help raise funds for the Milwaukee Art Museum.
- Of course, Milwaukee is the City of Festivals, so if dad is looking for something different, take him to get a Polish Sausage and pierogis at Polish Fest! The festival runs Friday, June 15 thru Sunday, June 17, at the Summerfest grounds. Food, music, entertainment, and a marketplace that all feature the best of the Polish culture.
- Head up to Cedarburg on Saturday, June 23, or Sunday, June 24, for the 33rd Annual Strawberry Festival. You will find strawberries in brats, chicken wraps, lemonade, corndogs, torte, kringles, wine, and more! You’ll also have your pick at plenty of other juicy summer fruits along with music, art, a 5k walk/run, and entertainment.
- We couldn’t complete a list of Thing to do in June in Milwaukee without mentioning the kick-off of Summerfest. The world’s largest music festival begins on June 27 and runs through July 8(no shows on July 2). This year’s performers include James Taylor & Bonnie Raitt, Journey & Def Leppard, Imagine Dragons, Blake Shelton, Arcade Fire, Dave Matthews Band, and so so so many more.
Summer is just beginning and now you have a handful of ideas on how to kick-off the season. There are so many things to do in June in the Milwaukee Metropolitan Area, we hope you get out there and have fun!