Recovery Support and Rehabilitation Services in Milwaukee, WI
Planning For Recovery
Talem Home Care's Coming Home Program
At Talem Home Care & Placement Services, we understand that any hospital trip can be an intimidating and confusing event for seniors and their families. It is normal for a patient or loved one of a patient to be so focused on medical treatments that frequently, not much thought is given to what happens once you leave the hospital.
Patients, family caregivers, and healthcare providers all play roles in maintaining their health after discharge from a hospital or rehab. And while they are all a significant part of the overall discharge care plan, many are surprised to find a lack of consistency in both the process and quality of discharge planning across the healthcare system. Navigating through today's health care system can be confusing or frustrating, particularly during times of transition. These transitions can change your physical location (e.g., hospital to home or rehab to home) or overall health. Our goal is to assist you through these times, so all you have to focus on is getting better.
How Can Talem Help?
Over our 15 years of experience and countless hours of research, Talem Home Care has created an evidence-based care transition program we like to call our Coming Home Program. Studies have found that hospital discharge planning improvements can dramatically improve patients' outcomes as they move to the next level of care. Part of our commitment to give back and be part of the community is through the free care management and advocation services we provide. You do not need to be a client of ours. Whether you are planning for surgery or all of a sudden end up in the hospital, we are here to help you plan for a safe return to your home.
Ideally, a successful transition from the hospital or rehab to home:
- Ensures safety
- Reduces the likelihood that you will have to return to the emergency room or be re-admitted due to a complication
- Reconnects you with your community physician and other healthcare providers
- Gives you and your family a high degree of satisfaction and confidence that all of your concerns have been addressed
- Provides you with free advocacy and advice to help make sure you are asking the right questions
Our Mission at Talem Home Care & Placement Services is to empower those returning home to stay home for as long as possible. Our goal is to reduce or prevent ER visits and re-hospitalizations and to increase the overall outcomes, support, and satisfaction of our clients. For qualified clients, our program includes:
- A free ride home from hospital or rehab
- Average of 7 touch points post-discharge in the first 2 weeks (physical and telephonic visits)
- Free case management services to serve as the advocate and central point of coordination for needed services
- Free home safety assessment
- Free smiles and friendly faces from all of our staff
There may be times where a hospital visit can be planned. You may be having elective surgery, having an orthopedic procedure done, or you may be planning on the arrival of a new child. These services help you prepare for your recovery before you go to the hospital. Some of these services could include but are not limited to:
- Free care management and advocation
- Drive you or accompany you to the doctor
- Take written notes to help you remember all the essential details of what your doctor is telling you. This is particularly important to help share information with your family.
- Home safety and fall prevention assessment and look for fall hazards and help identify if any medical equipment or grab bars are needed.
- Help identify if other resources are needed. Resources like:
- Which rehab or home health should I go to
- What medical equipment do I need
- Snow removal or Yard care
- Meal prep
- Pick up items you may want from the store
- Help pan for things like:
- How will I get to and from the hospital
- What equipment or other services will I need
- What is covered by my insurance
Properly recovering from hospitalization is a crucial step in ensuring a speedy recovery. Everyone feels relieved from the stress of being in the hospitals, but people are often left wondering now what. "How do I get around until I am fully recovered? "
At Talem, we understand how difficult it can be to ask the right questions and arrange for all the care and resources that is needed for recovery. With our help, we can get you the extra help you need so that you can relax, recover, and get some rest. Some of these services could include but are not limited to:
- Free care management and advocation
- Home safety & fall prevention assessment
- Same services as pre-hospitalization care listed above
- Tailoring a custom solution that is budget-friendly
- Provide 1 hr to 24-hour care 7 days a week
- Help with personal care activities (bathing, dressing, mobility, toileting, etc)
- Help with homemaker activities (meal prep, housecleaning, laundry, transportation, errand running, etc)
- Provide companionship to help reduce loneliness and depression (games, crafts, reading, etc
Our Caregivers and staff are warm, compassionate, and caring with experience and training to provide quality care to our clients.
Your Family is Our Family
No family should experience the stresses of aging without the needed information to make the best decision. Our Certified Senior Advisors® are dedicated to providing compassion, dedication, professionalism, and advice to give the reassurance we all need when helping our loved ones.
Contact us today to start the conversation on how our core values and philosophy of care can help you and your family.